MCG Conference 2022
The MCG Conference was held on Tuesday 6th September at Trinity House in London
The MCG Conference 2022 was held on Tuesday 6th September at Trinity House in London, the first MCG conference since 2019.
Over 70 delegates from across the maritime welfare sector came together for a programme packed with exciting speakers and informative workshops. The overall theme of the conference was Collaboration in a Time of Crisis, with keynote speeches from senior figures in government and the charity sector. There were also workshops and panel discussions with experts from maritime welfare charities, academia, industry and beyond.
A full report of the day will be published soon. Of those who attended and provided feedback, 61% rated their overall impression of the event as “excellent” and 39% rated it as “good”. Delegates said:
“What a fabulous conference – so many interesting discussions and speakers.”
“I really enjoyed the whole day. Extremely efficiently conducted. Thank you to MCG for an informative and interesting day.”
“Well done everybody, a great event!”
If you missed the conference or want to listen again to any of the sessions, you can download the presentations and watch the main sessions via the links below. And if you need a reminder you can download the conference programme here.
You can also browse our photos from the day here.
WATCH THE MAIN SESSIONS
- Keynote speech: Robert Courts MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Department for Transport
- Panel discussion: Collaboration in a time of crisis – what worked well, what didn’t and what can we improve together?
(NB – session 2 was not recorded as it was a workshop)
- Panel discussion: Fast forward to 2032 – what will high quality caseworking look like?
- Keynote speech: Stephanie Draper, Chief Executive, Bond
- Panel discussion: But how do we know that? Maximise impact and build effective strategy using data and evidence
- Current research into seafarers’ health and wellbeing and what next? – panel of experts
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – plans for action!
DOWNLOAD SPEAKER PRESENTATIONS
Session 2 – Thriving with Digital, Zoe Amar Digital
Session 6 – Money Management and Financial Capability for Seafarers, Tina Barnes, The Seafarers’ Charity & Sharon Coveney, MNWB
Session 6 – Researching Seafarer Health, Tim Carter, Seafarers Hospital Society
Session 7 – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Again! David Mosimabale, QVSR
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you’d like to know more about the conference email Ben Gibbons, MCG Manager on email@example.com or call him on 07793 219208.